{Fantabulous Cricut} New Years Party on a Page

 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!

http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2016/01/challenge-267-something-new.html
Challenge #267-Something New
Make a project about or with something new, and explain if it isn't clear!

This Weeks Sponsor


To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images. If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!

Inspiration


For this weeks challenge I went with a scrapbook layout using my new My Minds Eye Market Street & Now and Then scrapbook kits. I thought the colors in these 2 kits were perfect for a new years page. This photo (as you can tell) isn't from this new years, that's how far behind I am scrappin'

Before we get cutting I wanted to do something in the way of a shaker card on my page, what better holiday to use sequins right? So from a page protector I cut out a section slightly larger than a 5x7 photo and separated the two pieces reserving one for later. I set my 4x6 photo in the center of one half and began dropping sequins, glitter, and bits around the edges until I had it the way I liked it. Next I very slowly and carefully removed the photo and put the 2nd half of the page protector back on top to make my sequin sandwich. To keep it all in a frame, I used my fuse tool to fuse off a
4x6 rectangle in the center where my photo would be, and then fused around
 the outer edges, before adhering the photo on top.


The finished the page, I made many embellishments from cricut cuts. The champagne glasses are actually from a photo booth props cartridge and the January title from Days and Dates. The title and balloons are SVG files from Miss Kate Cuttables, my favorite site for SVGs.



On a side note, if you don't have a subscription to Cricut's image library, you should make it one of your resolutions. It's worth every single penny.

For $9.99/Month you get access to almost every image. I never have to buy cartridges, think about what I have and don't have, I just have everything

Below is a full supplies list and make sure to head over and see the rest of the design team inspiration & bookmark the challenge link up!

I'm also entering this page into the January Stuck Sketches challange and the Sparkle and Shine New Year challenge


Supplies

 




https://www.pinterest.com/kristina3150/https://twitter.com/KristinaBeaglehttp://lllscrap.blogspot.com/p/contact.htmlhttps://www.facebook.com/lllscraphttps://instagram.com/kristinabeagle/

9 comments:

  1. This is an amazing page Kristina!! And I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun page! I love how you changed up the sketch to work with just a single photo. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice page! Thanks for sharing at Stuck?! Sketches. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a super cute & fun layout!! Awesome pictures.
    New google follower.
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, love your shaker card and die cutting! Thank you for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun page! I love all the gold and fun embellishments you created. Thanks for sharing at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this page so much - such fun! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun page! I love your creative embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you made a scrapbook page with a shaker pack!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle & Shine.

    ReplyDelete