Birthday Shaker Card with Hero Arts


It September 1 and that means its time for a new challenge over at a2z scrapbooking!
I think you're going to love this months theme:
SHAKER CARDS!

If you've never played along at a2z you should! All you have to do is submit you take on our
challenging, using Hero Arts product, and you could win a $25 gift card to the store!
The a2z scrapbooking store is your 1 stop shop for Hero Arts goodies AND because we're pals, you can use my discount KRISTINA15 for 15% off a $25+ purchase!

This Birthday card is for my Aunt, Her and my fathers (twins) birthday is today!
Her favorite color is purple so I used a fun sequin mix from Pretty Pink Posh and the current
color scheme challenge over at the My Favorite Things challenge blog.

To assemble my shakers I used the We R Memory Keepers fuse tool, it makes shakers so much
more easy and you don't have to worry about your shaker elements sticking to the edges!


Here's the play by play:

I assembled the main card base and layers together and ran the whole thing through my Big Shot to cut out the square window. It can't cut through all 3 layers but it embossed a little guide so I knew where to line the die back up to cut through each piece. I cut the window all the way through to my main card base and adhered the shaker window with Tombow Mono Xtreme Adhesive in the center.

I cut out a pretty bow with the new die from Pretty Pink Posh 'Twine & Bows' and then stamped a sentiment on the front and inside through the window in Hero Arts Passion Flower ink!

Because my window was wonky, I used my Kelly Craft Get- It Straight™ Laser Square to align my sentiments. If I have an uneven line anywhere on a project I tent auto-correct for it and everything ends up wonky, so the laser square keeps me in line!









I hope this has provided some inspiration for you to join us this month in the Shaker Card challenge, full supplies list is linked below and don't forget use code KRISTINA15 at check out in the a2z scrapbooking supplies store for 15% off!

Challenges


 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies







https://www.pinterest.com/kristina3150/https://twitter.com/KristinaBeaglehttp://lllscrap.blogspot.com/p/contact.htmlhttps://www.facebook.com/lllscraphttps://instagram.com/kristinabeagle/

7 comments:

  1. So sparkly and cute!! The wonky window gives lots of moments, and the die cut bow is very nice finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shaker card! love the pastel colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabulous shaker card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shaker card! Great idea for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - what an awesome and cool shaker card!! Love the rounded square you used!!! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love a good shaker card and using these colors to make one, made for a great one here! Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge Kristina! :)

    ReplyDelete