Coloring on Vellum - a2z scrapbooking March challenge

I love white stamping on Vellum, so elegant, and the gorgeous subtle effect you get when inking on vellum is so beautiful. Here I took a Hero Arts stamp white stamped on Vellum, and coloring it in with Hero Arts dye inks.
It is, After all, Color it In month over at a2z scrapbooking!


I started by stamping bunches of flowers onto a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Vellum
as well as stamping my butterfly onto a scrap piece of vellum to cut out later.
I used little fine tipped make up applicators to pick up ink from assorted dye ink pads and color
in the flowers, on the back of the vellum. I had actually found these in the clearance section of my local department store, but any “spongy” fine tip applicator would do.
After the flowers, I also colored two matching butterflies to layer together for dimension.
I made a frame for the car by cutting a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of white cardstock and using a
rectangle die to cut out the center. I also die cut a fishtail flag for my sentiment,
which was stamping in Hero Arts Black dye ink.
I adhere the vellum to the frame, and then used small foam square to adhere the
whole thing to the card base to leave a little space between the vellum and the card stock behind.


I hope this provides some inspiration for you to enter our Color it In challenge
this month, and before I go, did you know that we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook?. If you haven’t done so already, please follow us on these different social media outlets!! You don’t want to miss out on any fun promotions!!

Oh! And these supplies and many more are available in the a2z scrapbooking store and while you’re there take 15% of your purchase of $25 or more with code KRISTINA15

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp: Things that Fly challege, the CASology Tropical challenge, and the Blog named Hero: Bold and Bright challenge



https://www.pinterest.com/kristina3150/https://twitter.com/KristinaBeaglehttp://lllscrap.blogspot.com/p/contact.htmlhttps://www.facebook.com/lllscraphttps://instagram.com/kristinabeagle/

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kristina!! Your butterfly is amazing! I love all of those bright colors you used. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the soft look from the coloring on the vellum. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your card is so beautiful, Kristina! It's been a while I stamped the images on the vellum, and your card makes me want to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks so much again for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, Kristina ... the subtle delicacy of the vellum is perfect with those gorgeous images and vibrant colours! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words ... I so appreciate it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card! i need to try this out :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!!

    ReplyDelete