some Watercolor Play today

My favorite crafty inspiration, Jennifer McGuire, posted a fun video today on the Hero Arts blog demonstrating water color + wink of stella. You can check it out HERE. Water color and painting in general isn't typically my thing, but I had to try this one! I'm pretty pleased with the result;
Because my stamp was too tall, I masked off one of the taller flowers to remove it from the equation, and twice stamped the image onto the smooth side of some watercolor card stock. I ended up trimming off another flower in the end. I water colored the image using distress markers and a clean wink of stella brush for the water. Once trimmed I mounted it onto some plain white card stock. I stamped a very subtle tone on tone background image using Hero Arts layer paper and soft yellow shadow ink. I wish you could see this in real life, the wink of stella is amazing. Here's a closer look;
I'll be submitting this card to the current Hero Arts: Nature challenge, as well as Simon Says Stamp: H is for challenge (Hero Arts), the CAS on Sunday: Flowers challenge, and the CAS-ual Fridays: Must Love Watercolor challenge.

Hope you like! If you do, I'd love you to join me in blogland, you can follow my blog using your favorite reader (linked in sidebar) or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter all time!

And! If you love Hero Arts as much as me, you should head over to the a2z scrapbooking store where you can use my discount KRISTINA15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 below!!






https://www.pinterest.com/kristina3150/https://twitter.com/KristinaBeaglehttp://lllscrap.blogspot.com/p/contact.htmlhttps://www.facebook.com/lllscraphttps://instagram.com/kristinabeagle/

8 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous and I love your beautiful watercolouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Kristina. Beautiful colours and stamp. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love that subtle matching background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the thought and techniques that went into making this card!! It is absolutely brilliant! Thank you for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Monthly Challenge!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing combination of watercolor and wink of stella! Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete